Saturday 2 March 2013

MORE Narrow gauge!

Yet even more 7mm scale narrow gauge projects!
It seems as if I have now got the bug for 7mm scale narrow gauge (0-16.5 scale) so much so that I am finding it very hard to put the stuff down and get on with other jobs on my 00 gauge stuff. It really is such a nice scale to work with, and you can be as creative as you like if like me most of your stock is of "Freelance" origins.
Anyway, without waffling on too much here's this weeks work in pictures.
First of all a good start has been made on this Bagnall inspired 0-4-2T.
The chassis started life as an Hornby "Smoky Joe" 0-4-0. I had to make new extended axles for the outside cranks as well as cylinder and slide bar assemblies. Then there was the rear pony truck to make and fit. I found an old Comet models pony truck in my odds and ends box so made it up from the etches and used that. The body is mostly Plasticard with lost wax brass fittings.Much work is needed bofore this one makes it to the paint shop  



The other job this week was this general merchandise van.


Again Plasticard and micro strip are the main components along with etched brake gear from a Mainly Trains 4mm scale fret of Morton brake gear. The body is sitting on a Dapol 10ft WB 00 gauge chassis.( that's 40mm or 10ft in 00 scale!) Note that I am using Bachmann tension lock couplings, not too much out of place in this scale/gauge I don't think.
The van was a 1 day project, I started on it Friday morning at 09:30 and got to the "Ready to paint" stage seen above by 16:30 ! not bad considering I had a few coffee,fag,meal and personal needs breaks!
I must put this lot away though I MUST get back to doing some 4mm stuff again.
See next weeks posting to see if I resisted the temptation of more 7mm Narrow Gauge!
Cheers for now
Frank

3 comments:

  1. DOO MORE THE R COOL MAKE MORE WAGONS THERE AWSOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should stick with it - these look great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some very tidy work there Frank, especially on the van where any out of square joints will stick out like a sore thumb.

    ReplyDelete