Tuesday 7 January 2014

Another Year older (Part 2)

Well already 2014 is a week old and I'm just as busy as ever on the toy train set front!

With my own (finished?) 4mm scale layout "Steam on the Cambrian" booked for at least 3 exhibitions this year that project is going to need some time spending on it sorting out a few snags that came to light on it's first outing to Telford.
The advanced starter signal operating system currently using a solenoid needs changing for a servo motor operating unit. Some trees that foul the loading gauge need trimming back or replacements made and a poor electrical connection to one of the fiddle yard roads needs putting right. Apart from that I want to add more detail like people and some little cameo scenes. More about that when I get a round tuit.


During the last 12 months I have had this uncontrollable urge to build something in 7mm scale narrow gauge, I thought OK I'll just build one engine and a couple of wagons but it has snow balled out of control and 7mm narrow gauge seems to be taking all of my modelling time! I'm even going to build a layout (Ashwood end) for my models to run on!
Surprisingly though it will NOT be Welsh narrow gauge even though some of the locos and stock are inspired by the Welsh narrow gauge railways. again more on that throughout the year



I'm also committed to working on the Cradley Heath Model Railway club's new small exhibition layout "Halfpenny Green" a Western region BLT based in rural Staffordshire/Shropshire.
So that's another project to fill these pages!

Finally I am still Exhibition Manager for the Cradley Heath club and a lot of my time will be spent helping to organise this event.
We had our first show last year and that was so successful it will be a hard act to follow this year. Watch this page for more about this later in the year.

So, Here's to a busy modelling 2014 hope it's a good one for everybody!

Cheers!
Frank.

No comments:

Post a Comment